Change of address in passport
Changes of address can be done in person or via postal application. Please send/ bring the following documents:
- Your passport
- If you are also an Australian citizen: Australian naturalization/ citizenship certificate and "Beibehaltungsurkunde" if applicable
- If you are not also an Australian citizenship: Current VEVO (not older than two weeks) Visa Entitlement Verification Online
- If applicable: proof of any other citizenship
- Most recent German local authority de-registration form (‘Abmeldebestätigung’ - only applicable, if the last place of residence was in Germany or if a German place of residence is shown in the passport
- Recent proof of address in Australia (e.g. Australian driver's licence)
- prepaid registered mail envelope (large, for dispatch within Australia) with your address. Please note that the German Missions will not be held responsible for any loss or damage of passports due to postal or courier service delivery.
- application form (see form on the right)
Changes of address are free of charge.